Annual Scarecrow "Fun"draiser
Thank you for participating in the 2019 Scarecrow Walk! This “fun”draiser for Willow Tree Missions is an engaging way to bring commerce and community to our downtown area AND support a great mission. In order to keep this activity as positive and fun as possible, please review and adhere to the following guidelines.
***Lamppost map locations below
Scarecrow Lamppost Guidelines:
- Lampposts will be sold online to ensure a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Scarecrows can be erected anytime after the purchase of your lamppost. Please make every effort to have your scarecrow up before the Monticellobration on September 21st.
- Any scarecrow put on a city post without “purchasing” will be removed immediately to be fair to those who are paying to participate.
- Many businesses choose a specific post by their business so, please double and triple-check that you are using the exact lamppost you purchased to avoid having to move it later.
- Please use ONLY soft items (for example, rope, twine, or zip ties) to secure your scarecrow to the post. The city is gracious to let us use these posts. We want to ensure that we do not damage them or scratch the paint on them by using wire or damaging materials on them.
- All scarecrows must be removed before November 6 when it is time for the city to put up holiday décor.
The Cost to Participate: $25
You will get a confirmation of your purchase via PayPal in the next few minutes. To help you in building your scarecrow, Willow Tree is giving you a $10 voucher to use for supplies only. Please bring this receipt with you to pick up your supplies.
You can also print this page as confirmation that you have paid $25 to participate in the content.
About Willow Tree Missions:
Your participation in this event will help directly fund our domestic violence program for Piatt County.
Willow Tree currently provides victims and families of domestic violence with help in the form of legal advocacy, prevention services, education services, escape and safety planning, Neighbor House Home for Women and Children (short and long-term shelter), crisis counselling, and a 24-hour crisis hotline.